HABC Level 2 (NVQ) Diploma in Food Production & Cooking
This qualification is suitable for learners employed in hospitality roles wishing to develop their skills in food production and cooking. These may be chefs, kitchen assistants/porters or fast food assistants. It is mainly concerned with those who deal with cooking or reheating food that required little or no preparation.
This qualification is assessed vocationally. It is acheived "on th job" rather than being classroom taught, withskills eveidenced from day-to-day activities.
As a voactionally taught qualification, candidates must be in a role where they are able to eveidnce the skillset required to meet the qualification criteria.
Please contact Gemma Thomas (Gemma@AlphaSafety.co.uk) for more info.
Learners must achieve a minimum of 40 credits by achieving:
• All mandatory units from the Mandatory Group, totaling 10 credits
• A minimum of 16 credits from Optional Group A
• A minimum of 14 credits from Optional Group B
• No more than 12 credits can come from the Level 1 units contained in Group B
• Maintenance of a Safe, Hygienic and Secure Working Environment
• Working Effectively as Part of a Hospitality Team
• Maintain Food Safety when Storing, Preparing and Cooking Food
• Modify the Content of Dishes
This qualification covers a variety of topics including the importance of teamwork, safe and hygienic workplaces and food safety as well as how to prepare basic food dishes. These are all key areas within the hospitality sector and in particular those working in the kitchen environment. It forms the competency element of the Food Production and Cooking pathway of the Intermediate Catering and Professional Chefs Apprenticeship and can also be taken on a standalone basis
Minimum Loan Value (12 month product) £250 (this is the total value less deposit)
Minimum Loan Value (24 & 36 month product) £450 (this is the total value less deposit)