HABC Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management
The Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management for Caterers is a qualification aimed at all those responsible for the purchase, delivery, production and serving of food in the catering industry.
The qualification is also suitable for those owning/managing a smaller catering business.
- Different roles in ensuring that food ingredients and allergens are effectively managed
- Characteristics of Food Allergies
- Procedures relating to the accurate communication of ingredient information, from supplier to consumer
- Hygiene considerations with regard to allergen and ingredient control
- Procedures relating to the control of contamination and cross- contamination of allergenic ingredients
Learners gaining this qualification will know and be able to apply the knowledge relating to the control of food ingredients, including allergens, at all stages of food purchase and production. They will understand the process for ensuring that accurate ingredient information is available for consumers at point of sale and service and the importance of communication at all stages.
Workbook Based (Assessed by Tutor)