Harness Safety Awareness
This course covers the importance of safety measures that must be taken when working at height, including the use of harnesses in correlation with other equipment, for example, Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPs).
This course is designed to ensure students are aware of how to safely use, maintain and inspect their harness equipment, ensuring there safety, equipment suitability and longevity.
Upon completion of the course students will:
- Understand the relevant Health and Safety Regulations, Guidance and Standards
- Be able to identify and select the correct form of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) against falls from height
- Understand how to check, use, maintain and store a harness and lanyard
- Be able to fit and adjust a harness and lanyard
- Be able to conduct the periodic examination harnesses and associated equipment