Hydraulic Lorry Loader (HIAB)
The training aims to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards associated with operating such machinery including attachments. To have a working knowledge of how the various machines under the "HIAB" bracket operate, to identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions. Training includes understanding the importance weight limits, and how to conduct an effective pre use check.
We are able to offer both accredited (RTITB) or Alpha certified on site training and refreshers for the use of HIAB's.
Our highly accomplished tutor can accommodate up to 3 students per day, dependent on their existing knowledge and experience and the qualification desired.
Please contact us for further information including availability.
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive controls of the lorry loader
- Manoeuvring the crane in open and confined areas
- Lifting and placing various loads at various distances
- Working with various loads and attachments
- Manual and Remote training available (Subject to truck availability)
Associated Knowledge Test (5 open and 20 multiple choice questions), Pre Use Test and Practical Test of Basic Operating Skills