Introduction to Allergens
Endorsed by Highfield Awarding body for Compliance (HABC), this e-learning course is suitable for those learners requiring an insight into food allergens and the importance of managing them effectively. It is ideal for anyone in a role that involves the production, storage or service of food. This course is available through the Highfield Learning Management System and gives managers the knowledge needed to monitor, manage and record training activities.
- Introduction to food allergens
- Allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease
- Symptoms of allergic reactions and how to respond
- Allergens legislation
- Food labelling requirements
- The 14 regulated allergens
- 'Free from' claims
- Managing allergens from purchase to service
- Providing allergen information to customers
Learners gaining this qualification will know and be able to apply the knowledge relating to the control of food ingredients, including allergens, at all stages of food purchase and production. They will understand the process for ensuring that accurate ingredient information is available for consumers at point of sale and service and the importance of communication at all stages.