City & Guilds Level 5 (NVQ) Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
This NVQ qualification is aimed at individuals who intend to progress and develop / gain formal recognition of knowledge, understanding and competence of working as a health and safety practitioner. The qualification is suitable for a variety of roles and sectors.
This qualification is suitable for Supervisors, Managers, Consultants and other specialists with specific responsibilities for the health, safety and welfare of others in the organisation. As a result the candidate will have a significant degree of authority and autonomy and be in a position to influence policies and procedures within the organisation, take a leadership role and promote good health and safety practice and implement changes relating to health and safety.
Students wishing to enrol on this qualification will ideally already be in a vocation where they manage an aspect of Health & Safety.
Prior to enrolment it is advised that you take the time to sit down for an informal chat with one of our Assessors to ensure that you are able to meet the criteria set to achieve the qualification.
- Development and implementation of effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Developing and maintaining individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Identifying, assessing and controlling health and safety risks
- Developing and implementing proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Developing and implementing reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Developing and implementing health and safety review systems
- Developing and implementing health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Maintaining knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice
- Developing and implementing the health and safety policy
This course is an excellent alternative to the NEBOSH Diploma when looking to become a Graduate Member of IOSH (GradIOSH). Taking a vocational learning route avoids the hours spent in classroom teaching as you build a portfolio to meet the criteria from on-the-job experience.
Portfolio Based | Assignment & Observation Driven
Minimum Loan Value (12 month product) £250 (this is the total value less deposit)
Minimum Loan Value (24 & 36 month product) £450 (this is the total value less deposit)