Level 2 Award in Principles Manual Handling
Alpha | Swansea | 01792 585868,
Alpha | Cardiff | 02921 111077
This Manual Handling course will explain the inherent dangers of moving and handling, but more importantly it will show you how to perform the tasks with a minimum of risk as possible to keep you safe. There are no prerequisites to enroll on this course, but a health questionnaire will be given upon arrival to the training centre.
We Also offer a HABC Accredited Level 2 Award in Manual Handling (RQF). This qualification is delivered over a full day's training. Please contact us for further info.
MODULE 1 Reasons for Safe Manual Handling
- Definition of Manual Handling
- Causes of Musculoskeletal Injury
- Preventing Musculoskeletal Injury
- Function of the Spine
- Manual Handling Key Legislation
- Policies & Procedure
- Ergonomics & Risk Assessment
- Team Handling & Communication
MODULE B Manual Handling Processes & Assessing Risk
- Safer Handling of Loads
- Formal and Dynamic Risk Assessments
- Consideration of Other Factors
- Handling Awkward Loads
- Safe Storage of Inanimate Loads
- Correct Working Posture
- Safety checks on Handling Equipment
No matter where you work, you will at some time or another perform a task that requires the manual handling of an object. From a simple task like moving a chair from one office to another, to something more intense like taking a desk up or down a flight of stairs.
Multiple Choice Examination (30 Questions)