Mental Health & Capacity Act Awareness
This course has been designed as in introduction for carers supporting service users with mental health illness. Even in today’s world those living with a mental illness face discrimination. Students on the course will practice ways to support and assist their service users with these challenges. There are no prerequisites to enrol on this course.
Upon completion of this training students will be able to:
• Explain the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation Of Liberty Safeguards
• Describe best working practice when working in a mental health setting
• List a large number of mental health illnesses and describe how they will affect an individual
• Discuss various techniques that may be used when service users display distressed behaviour
• Determine ways of looking after their own health whilst caring for people with a mental illness
Mental Health Awareness training has become a set standard for all those working in the care sector. The course helps employees to be made aware of the needs of the service user and what they can do to help manage the effects of mental illnesses.