IPAF | Powered Access (Cat. 3a & 3b MEWPs)Download PDF
IPAF is renowned as the standard when it comes to powered access. This course aims to provide the knowledge and skills required to operate category 3a & 3b elevated platforms...
- Category 3a covers Mobile Vertical Lifts, most commonly used example; scissor lifts
- Category 3b covers Mobile Boom Lifts, more commonly known as cherry pickers
As IPAF is so widely recognised it is highly likely that a client or principal contractor will require and IPAF ticket to demonstrate that you or your workforce are suitably qualified to operate these types of equipment in the workplace. This also means that the qualification covers a very wide array or sectors from Construction, Maintenance and Cleaning Services, to Manufacturing & Engineering.
This course is delivered via a blend of practical and classroom teaching.
On successful completion of this course, the cost is fully inclusive of a hard copy of the IPAF PAL card alongside the IPAF app access of the ePAL card.
Download the IPAF app here:
iOS (apple) - https://apps.apple.com/app/ipaf-epal/id1557633308
Read more about the IPAF app & ePAL card here:
- Types of MEWPs
- Safe operating procedures and limitations of use
- Pre-use checks, inspection and function tests
- Route planning before operating the MEWP
- Manoeuvring the MEWP
- Setting up the MEWP for work
- Basic operational practice
- Achievement testing
- Selection and use of fall arrest equipment
- Log book issue
Not only does the successful completion of this qualification represent an opportunity to protect yourself or your workforce by ensuring their properly skilled, it also represents an opportunity to access work with a much wider client base.
Anyone responsible for operating a MEWP in the workplace should consider this qualification essential.
Practical and Theory Assessments